***** No refunds will be given for cancellation due to weather conditions. *****
Tournament entry fees are NOT refundable once a team has been notified of acceptance
Triad Elite 2019 Fall Classic Tournament Rules
Preliminary schedules will be posted on the tournament website. The tournament reserves the right to change the schedule up through registration on Friday night. Everyone should be prepared to play the first game on Saturday morning.
LAWS OF THE GAME:
All matches shall be played in accordance with FIFA Laws of the Game except where interpretations are provided for Youth Matches within USYS, NCYSA and/or these rules.
Each team (coaches, players) shall occupy one side of the field with parents and spectators on the other side. The home team (listed first) has the choice of which side of the center line they wish to occupy. Everyone shall be between the 18 yard lines (technical area) and remain 2 yards back from the touch lines. No one will be allowed behind the goal line. Home team shall furnish the game ball with visiting team ball as back up. A Tournament ball is provided by TESC and shall be returned to the referee at the end of play. The tournament committee reserves the right to combine age divisions and/or levels of play to complete a bracket.
Coaches are responsible for the conduct of spectators with their team. Any player or coach sent off from a game may not participate in the team’s next tournament game. Any player sent off for fighting or any spectators sent off shall be banned from all tournament play venues for the remainder of the tournament. NO EXCEPTIONS!
PLEASE BE SURE TO REVIEW THE TOURNAMENT CHECKLIST BELOW FOR ELIGIBILITY ITEMS NEEDED AT REGISTRATION. Please make copies of all documents prior to arrival at In Person Check-In. Each state association has different procedures for roster approval, guest players and travel permission; please contact your Club’s Head Registrar first for clarification. IF YOU COME TO REGISTRATION WITHOUT THE REQUIRED MATERIALS, YOUR TEAM MAY NOT BE ALLOWED TO PARTICIPATE.
AFFLIATION: US YOUTH SOCCER (includes NCYSA, SCYSA, VYSA, GYSA, etc)
- Official 2019-2020 USYS Match Roster for us to keep on file. (Match Roster must be either an original with official state stamp or certification OR a certified copy of the original Match Roster).
- Present FOUR roster copies that will be approved and returned to you for use on the field during the tournament.
- 2019-2020 USYS Player Passes (laminated) with photo and registrar stamp & required signature/s.
- 2019-2020 State-approved Medical Waiver/Liability Release for each player. Forms must be properly filled out with parental signatures if needed. They only need to be notarized IF the form states they must be notarized.
- State-approved Permission to Travel for out-of-state teams ONLY. We will keep a copy for our files.
Guest Players for USYS teams:
- All guest players must be listed on either an approved Guest Player Roster/Match Roster/Travel Roster or Tournament Roster. In some cases, the Tournament Roster may replace your team’s Match Roster
- Provide ONE original Guest Player Form for our files and FOUR copies that will be approved and returned to you for use on the field during the tournament.
- USYS Player Pass (laminated) with photo and registrar stamp & required signature/s.
- 2019-2020 State-approved Medical Waiver/Liability Release listing the Guest Club as the “Association”.
AFFLIATION: US CLUB SOCCER (Roster and player passes say US CLUB Soccer)
- Official US Club Roster – one copy for us to keep on file.
- Present FOUR copies that will be approved and returned to you for use on the fields during the tournament.
- 2019-2020 US Club Player Passes (laminated) with photo.
- US Club Medical Waiver/Liability Release for each player.
Guest Players for US Club teams:
- All guest players must be listed on the US Club Roster.
- US Club Player Pass (laminated) with photo.
- US Club Medical Waiver/Liability Release for each player with guest team/club listed on the form.
- If US Club Guest Player is from a different CLUB, the appropriate US Club Player Loan form must be submitted at team check-in. We will keep one copy of this form for our files.
**NOTE: TEAMS MAY NOT MIX USYS & US CLUB PLAYER PASSES. TEAMS MUST BE ALL USYS, ALL US CLUB, OR ALL OTHER USF AFFILIATES
- All players shall conform to Law 4 of FIFA Rules. Exception: Inclement weather. Long sleeve shirts may be worn under the jersey. NO LONG PANTS MAY BE WORN EXCEPT BY THE GOALKEEPER (unless extreme weather permits).
- Where jersey color conflicts, the designated home team (listed first on the schedule) shall change. Visiting teams are requested to help resolve conflicts.
- The tournament committee reserves the right to reduce, cancel, reschedule, or relocate games due to weather or field conditions beyond our control. PLEASE CHECK THE WEATHER LINE!
- All teams must be present and on the field, ready to play matches at scheduled times. Failure to do so after a 15 minute delay will constitute a forfeit.
- The tournament committee, association, sponsors, and referees will not be responsible for any expenses incurred by any team, club, or person taking part due to cancellations of this tournament in part or whole.
- A fifteen minute grace period will be allowed from scheduled kick-off time before the game is awarded to an opponent.
- Any team that forfeits a match may not participate in any semi-finals or final matches. Forfeiting team will have a three (3) point deduction from their match points. The team with the next highest point total shall advance. In cases of a forfeit, the score shall be recorded as a 3-0 loss and 3 points will be awarded to the opposing team, no shutout points awarded.
- The Tournament Director reserves the right to make the final decisions relative to forfeits.
NO HEADING is allowed in any small sided match (12U and younger).
In matches for 13U and older, the roster/team could include 12U and younger players. A 12U player on the 13U roster/team, may head the ball. For the player 11U or younger playing on a 13U team or older, if heading occurs by a player 11U and younger, the referee will not stop play and issue an indirect free kick. It would be very difficult for a referee to be able during the run of play to determine if a player that heads the ball is 11U or younger or 12U and older. As stated by the Federation, it will be the coach and parent’s responsibility to "police" a child 11U and younger on heading in a 13U and older match.
- All Semi-Finals tied after the final whistle will go straight to kicks from the mark to decide the winner
- If the score is tied after regulation during the FINAL, there will be 2, 10 minute overtime periods. If tied after that kicks from the mark will be taken.
There will be a 10 minute half-time for all games!
- Substitutions shall conform to the USYS and/or NCYSA youth match rulings.
- Substitutes must be at the center-line before calling for substitution. No sub may enter the field of play until waived on by the referee.
PLAYING FORMAT: THREE MATCHES GUARANTEED
- Each participating team is guaranteed to play in three games (minimum). The scheduled times, structure of the games and format of pairings are to be determined solely at the discretion of the Triad Elite Fall Classic Tournament Director and/or the competition committee.
Winners of brackets or advancement to Semi-Final and Finals will be determined by the following point system: Max points for a match is 4.
- 3 points for a win.
- 1 point for a tie.
- 0 points for a loss.
- 1 point for a shutout. *unless it is a 0-0 tie. No points will be given to either team for a 0-0 tie.
- Bonus points awarded for goals up to 3
TIEBREAKERS SHALL BE:
- Head to head competition.
- Goal Differential
- Fewest goals allowed in all games.
- FIFA kicks from the mark. (FIFA Reduce to equate rule does NOT apply.)
- A FIFA kicks from the mark will be conducted in the event three or more teams are tied in points and a winner cannot be determined by the tie breakers set forth above. Two of the three teams will be selected on a blind draw to go first. These two teams will proceed with a shootout to determine which team will advance. In brackets with 4, 5, or 6 teams – if all teams are tied then begin tiebreaking procedure with Rule 2.
FIFA KICKS FROM THE MARK RULES:
- All eligible players currently on the field at the end of regulation may participate.
- 10 players and 1 goalkeeper shall be selected and sent to referee. A list will be marked on the roster with the kicking order labeled 1 thru 11. All selected players shall remain in the center circle.
- The referees shall determine which goal will be used.
- The team winning the coin toss will choose to kick 1st or 2nd.
- Each team takes 5 attempts alternating turns. The team scoring the most goals wins. If still tied teams shall alternate the taking of kicks in sudden death. No player may kick a second time until all players including goalkeeper have kicked once. The rotation remains the same.
- In case of an injury or red card, the goalkeeper may be replaced by any eligible player.
FINAL (CHAMPIONSHIP GAME) RULES:
Winners of the brackets who advance to the Final/Championship Game shall:
- Play full time.
- If tied, play 2 x 10 minute halves (no golden goal).
- If still tied, FIFA kicks from the mark (see above).
Semi-Final games ending in a tie will go straight to kicks from the mark.
Scoring Issues should be reported immediately to the Tournament Director for re-verification by the Referee Assignor. All scores will be verified and signed off on by the winning coach.
No protest will be entertained concerning the interpretations of the Laws of the Game by the referee. Any other protest must be submitted within one hour from the end of the match. The written protest must be accompanied by $200.00 in cash. The cash will be refunded only if the protest is upheld. The Tournament Committee’s decisions are final and are not subject to appeal.
If you have any questions before, during or after games, please contact a field marshal on duty at your field. Field Marshal will be wearing appropriate identification.
All decisions by the Tournament Committee are final and are not subject to appeal. To contact the Tournament Director, please visit Tournament Headquarters and they will locate the Director for you.
This has been shared with the Referee organization their Assignors and Referees.